Saturday, August 18, 2012

Zara opening



After months of anticipation, the Zara branch in Cape Town finally opened its doors much to the eagerness of fashion forward girls and guys of Cape Town.   Having put up  with my Twitter  time line being  bombarded with Tweeps from Joburg  tweeting their excitement when Zara opened  there weeks back  and after seeing my bestie  Ayanda M’s Zara stash, the green monster had taken firm residence of my shoulder.
 I hadn’t been to the Waterfront in a couple of months and so I had no clue of where this clothing gold mine was hidden. The trail of shoppers carrying Zara shopping bags led me to heavens doors within moments.
 I was expecting the shop to be busy but to find that everyone and their grandmother had taken the day off to shop at Zara was surprising.
  The first thing that caught my attention was that despite the crowd, the store is rather huge and is separated into various sections for men, women and children. Impressive.
  What Zara carries could be compared to Forever New, Cotton On and Woolworths both in terms of style and price. The major difference being the assortment that Zara offers

I spotted a sensational LRD (Little Red Dress)  and was keen on seeing how it would fit on me.
Alas the queues both to the dressing room and cashiers proved to be too much for me.

 A Gagaresque blazer  with spiked shoulder details: there is something for everyone at Zara.


Even though  I walked away without purchasing a thing on my first visit, you can be sure that I will be returning to Zara again and again and again....next time lots of Zara goodies.
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment