Saturday, January 5, 2013

Grand living

Lazing on a beach day bed with white sand beneath my feet and a cocktail in my  hand…that’s the way I could spend every single day of Summer and The Grand Beach Cafe in Granger Bay  is one of my favourite places to live happily every Summer.
Situated just behind The V&A Waterfront at what was once a warehouse, one might never expect anything grand judging from the outside.  Once inside the shabby chic feel continues with a large dining table on top of vintage rug with  an enormous chandelier residing above it .The outer deck of the restaurant is set on the beach  with Parisian cafe chairs and  tables facing towards a  cool blue sea view that is dotted with super toys that cruise by occasionally. A bar and lounge area with a DJ that lets out the coolest lounge vibes completes my favourite  part of the restaurant where you can either opt to be seated on  couches, bar seats complete with a table or  a beach day bed.
The menu is a combination of bistro and fusion food. Because I go there simply for the setting and cocktails, I find the  food to be a bonus.  The Kinglip Taglietta and their Blackened Salmon is a treat despite  most food critics being of the opposite opinion.  If there is one cocktail that is a must,  try their Kiwi based cocktail.
(If you go…be sure to book )

No comments:

Post a Comment