Saturday, August 18, 2012

What I wore to Mercedes Benz Fashion Week


I had one word  in mind when it came to creating my look for the evening… EFFORTLESS.  After trying on numerous outfits and having them rejected (via whats app images) by my younger sister Bathandwa who doubles as “personal stylist to Miss Nox”, I was at the point of giving up.  
When selecting an outfit, I find that that picking an accessory first (shoes bag, jewellery)as the foundation of the outfit  is much easier than looking to find the core items (dress, skirt pants). But this time around, I struggled.
I hauled out my purses, trying to find inspiration  and had a good laugh when I found a Von Dutch clutch bag in my collection! Imagine?
   I came up short until “my stylist” suggested that I build my outfit around a head wrap!


 
 I chose to be minimalist and understated in a royal blue head wrap worn with an above-the-knee, long sleeved satin dress with zip detail at the back. I teamed it with vintage court shoes and a bright contrasting clutch bag to offset the blue.
Here's what they said about my outfit http://stylesociety.co.za/2012/07/31/street-style-mercedes-benz-fashion-week-cape-town-day-3/



The After party

Jade Champagne Bar and Lounge in Green Point is one of my favourite lounges and I was thrilled that they hosted an after-party there.
  I partied until the early hours of Saturday morning morning and  missed out on the after-party of all after parties on Saturday night day  which  was hosted at The Reserve

No comments:

Post a Comment