Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fashion week!


Mercedes Benz Cape Town Fashion Week 2012 was one of my favorite events off of the Cape Town 2012 calendar. What is there not to love about an event strictly dedicated to show casing the latest offerings from the country’s most talented fashion designers?
The theme for the week was “Icons in the Making” and featured 26 designers with the likes of Ruff Tung, Michelle Ludek, Rhuald Rheder and Thula Sindi whose shows I attended on day three of the four day event.

My favourite designer

My favorite collection came from the Thula Sindi show because it featured pieces that openly reflected Thula Sindi’s brand structure which I relate to and that is;  we-arability, quality, and style. His first part of the collections appeared to be Goth inspired with the use of lots of black and leather. I was impressed by the use of pleats and structure on some of the leather garments.

                  

The second part of Thula’s line again reflected wearability and style with the use of bold patterns and colours perfect for both Spring and Summer



 

 I could picture myself buying and wearing a large percentage of what was on the run way and this is what I love about Thula Sindi.
Hopefully this collection will be seen at Edgars who are the official retail store that distribute the Thula Sindi line.



No comments:

Post a Comment