Saturday, November 3, 2012

What's hot

I don’t aspire to keeping up with every current trend  because trends are here today and gone tomorrow. I would much rather prefer to go the long haul with timeless classics that remain relevant each season. With that said, I cannot simply turn a blind eye to all the fabulous trends around. Instead I take the time to consider a trend against my own personal image, if it matches, I then consider the cut and styling of the trend against my body type and if it works then it works. The key thing for me is to not incorporate more than two trends in one season because I want to maintain a balance of my own style over “what’s hot”.
Here's a bit of what’s hot




Tribal has a firm grip over this Summer.  It’s in Aztec printed leggings, shirts and dresses; bright printed head wraps and chunky necklaces.  


Spikes are really hard to ignore, they have been bubbling under for many seasons now in the form of studded handbags. Studs can now be seen on collar tips, loafers and pumps as well as belts. I cannot resist them in loafers.
 Far for being a trend, denim has been around since the 18th century. It’s merely resurfacing again proving itself as a timeless classic that it really is.  For guys: Long or short Sleeveless blue denim shirts on blue denim jeans and For girls; denim everything!

Peplum is one of my favourites because it is sexy and feminine. It's a very popular fit right now so you can expect to see everyone rocking this look.
All these style are interchangeable between casual and smart casual and the best part is with all this hotness, who needs to be still holding on to colour blocking? Replacing the colour blocking trend is neon popping. To get this look right, you incorporate one Neon item as the focal point for example, a clutch bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment