Saturday, November 17, 2012

Baggage issues

Sometimes I envy guys for being able to leave the house without zero baggage (handbags) and this is why;
The other day after swapping from my favourite petite sling bag to my trusty oversized carry all bag, I forgot to transfer my purse over to my handbag. As Murphy would have it, I only realized this after having placed an order for my smoothie at Kauai. Fortunately they had not started to make it yet and so I had the chance to cancel my order. Maybe for most this would be an embarrassing moment but for me it has become one of those things. The worst incident happened at a coffee shop where I had sat down, ordered a coffee and a croissant (which I thoroughly enjoyed). When the bill arrived, I reached out for my bag, looked into it and of course my purse was nowhere to be seen because it was at home sitting idly in another handbag. I was forced to sit down, order another cuppa while waiting for back up to come rescue me.
And isn’t it always fun and games when you’re out hopping from shop to shop at the mall until you start feeling the heavy weight on your shoulder, firstly from your handbag and then combined with your shopping bags? The amount of “stuff” an oversized bag can carry is astounding! First it’s the essentials: cellphone, keys, purse, miniature make up bag, sunglass case and bottled water, to the randoms: spoon, fruit, cardigan (just in case the weather changes) and till slips from months back...dont ask me why.
 What about when you get to a sit down destination (car, restaurant or work) and then having to figure out where to put it? The floor is too dirty and the next seat is too far! I’ve lunched with my handbag next to the salt and pepper shaker on the table.
Truth be told, as much as I hate the logistics that comes with handbags, I would be absolutely lost without mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment